Please Select Your Motorcycle
We will show you products that fit your motorcycle
BrakeTech Ductile Iron 320 x 6mm Race Spec Rotors Kit - 2015-18 YZF-R1 / R1M
Product Code: braketech 320 r1
Availability: In Stock
Brake Tech Axis 320mm x6 Iron Full Floating (Front) Brake Rotors for the 2015 YZF-R1.
This kit includes 2 320mm x 6mm AXIS Design oversized full floating rotors with Hard Anodized Carriers.
The OEM rotors on the '15 YZF-R1 are 320x5mm and made of steel. These rotors will offer supremely enhanced braking power and feel, while eliminating fade almost entirely. Increasing the diameter of the rotor gives the caliper more leverage on the wheel, translating to less effort at the lever for the same amount of braking power. Rivets on the rotors are available in Red, Black or Blue.
Note: BrakeTech suggests using organic pads or Ferodo sintered pads - Use of any sintered pad not manufactured by Ferodo and approved by BrakeTech could result in premature wear. Select from the dropdown box above if you would like to include pads with your order. Pad compound information can be found below.
The exclusive BrakeTech AXIS series Ductile Iron full-floaters provides a higher coefficient of friction over stainless, with more feel and feedback at the brake lever. The patented AXIS Design floating system is many times stronger than conventional semi-floating brake rotors. The heart of this leading edge system has the floater buttons controlling radial and axial float only, they are non load-bearing. All of the considerable braking forces are channeled through the trademarked Direct-Link™ architecture, comprising over an 800% increase in surface area load transfer as compared to conventional floating brake rotors...simply far superior by design!
* Patented AXIS Design - featuring Direct-Link load transfer system
* U.S. Patent No. 6,957,726
* 50% greater Tensile Strength and Fatigue Strength: Ductile Iron vs Gray Iron
* CNC machined from billet (continuous cast bar) - not porosity prone gravity cast molds
* CRYOGENIC treatment for improved wear resistance
* Greater thermal transfer capability than stainless steel
* Reduced wear from shear forces - longer rotor life
* Carriers CNC machined from premium grade billet aluminum bar - not stamped plate
* Hard-anodized to military grade specifications
* Made in the U.S.A.
* Sold in pairs (2 rotors, left and right)
* Oversized kits include caliper spacers and appropriate length caliper bolts
* Intended for use with OE (stock) calipers
Ferodo Compound Information
CP1 - Organic compound pad, offers great performance while minimizing rotor wear. Great for street or track.
SinterGrip ST - Less aggressive sintered compound, offering good bite and power. Great for street or track.
XRAC - Race oriented pad, great for the rider who prefers a linear feel and likes to trail brake.
ZRAC - Race orienter pad, great for the rider who likes a lot of bite and power. Comparable to Brembo's Z04 pad.
- 2015-2019 Yamaha YZF-R1